The Midwest Junior Hockey League, proud member of the Amateur Athletic Union, announced today the 10 member teams that will compete during the 2012-13 season.
The 10 teams are as follows:
- Bloomington Jr. Blaze - Bloomington, Ill.
- Dayton Aeros - Monroe, Mich.
- Great Lakes Lightning - Fraser, Mich.
- Hartland Hounds - Hartland, Mich.
- Holland River Bandits - Holland, Mich.
- Michigan Ice Dogs - Wayne, Mich.
- NWO Grrrowl - Toledo, Ohio
- Rhinelander Street Cats - Rhinelander, Wis.
- Soo Firehawks - Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.
- Tennyson Chevrolet - Brownstown, Mich.
In addition, the league has also announced that Patrick Pylypuik has resigned as president and CEO to become the head coach and general manager of the NWO Grrrowl. David Holt from Bloomington will assume the president and CEO role on an interim basis.
The inaugural season of the MWJHL is slated to start the week of Sept. 10 with weekly competition through February 2013 and playoffs thereafter during the month of March.
ABOUT THE MWJHL
The Midwest Junior Hockey League will begin play during the 2012-13 season with ten founding member teams. The league will play a total of 50 league games in its inaugural season in several minor league professional arenas.
MWJHL member teams have made a commitment to player development, advancement and maintaining a high level operation to achieve sustainable and profitable markets.
Contact the MWJHL at .
"Like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MWJHL and follow us on Twitter at @MWJHLHockey.
--- MWJHL.com ---
* Disclaimer: This site may contain advice, opinions and statements from various authors and information providers. Views expressed in this article reflect the personal opinion of the author, and not necessarily the views of JuniorHockey.com. JuniorHockey.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other info provided in the article, or from any other member of this site.